Crack Fill and Sealcoating in Gladstone, MO
This client called us to address some large cracks that appeared in their driveway after winter. We recommended crack filling with hot polymer crack sealants.
We first cleaned the cracks and the edges of the driveway clear of grass and debris. The built up dirt was scrubbed clean with a steel wire bristle broom and high powered air blowers to create a surface ready for the sealcoat and crack fill material to adhere.
Polymer crack sealant was then applied to cracks 1/2" and larger cracks are squeegeed and checked over to ensure all cracks are filled as needed.
When the cracks were dry we used pro blend sealer with a brush application. This adds another layer to the surface and acts as a barrier between the asphalt surface and the elements. This will waterproof and seal the smaller cracks that would not be sealed with crack sealer.
We are often aspked how often asphalt should be sealcoated.
While every paved surface is different most residential driveways will need to be sealed every 4 years. It can be done more often to keep the dark color fresh. It can also have added benifits to older driveways to have them sealed more often. Sealer can build up and improve the look of the older surface.
Some benefits of sealcoating asphalt include:
- Reduces long term repair costs
- Accelerates melting of snow and ice on the pavement surface
- Protects your pavement from oxidation, oil and chemical spills
- Protects against water penetration, rain, frost and snow damage
- Enhances the appearance of your building and landscape
- Prolongs pavement life, safeguarding your investment
- Prevents cracking, Spaulding and potholes
- Makes property more attractive to customers